Delicious sandwiches with a glass of juice are a must for a healthy breakfast. However, store-bought sandwiches are overpriced. So making sandwiches using a sandwich maker at your home is the best option with one-third of the cost. Not only sandwiches, but you can also use the sandwich maker to prepare puff pastry, pizza pockets, fritters, French toast, omelets, etc.
The best sandwich makers are perfect kitchen appliances to prepare sandwiches in the quickest way when you are in a hurry. Making restaurant-style sandwiches is possible now at home. Once you know how to use the sandwich maker, preparing mouth-watering sandwiches with tasty fillings, spread, and bread is super easy. We will discuss the best way to use it so that first-time users don’t find it difficult at all.
The two types of sandwich makers
There are two types of sandwich makers that are primarily used for making sandwiches-
- Traditional sandwich maker
- Panini press sandwich maker
The traditional electric sandwich makers come with upper and lower plates to make one, two, or four sandwiches using regular bread. Do not confuse a sandwich maker with a toaster, as they are different appliances with different purposes.
To make grilled sandwiches, you need a Panini press sandwich maker, which comes with a grill press. The top plate is heavyweight as it is used to press and grill the sandwich well. Though both of these sandwich makers work almost similarly, the Panini press variant is known for better taste, flavor, and crispiness in the sandwich.
How to use a sandwich maker to make sandwiches?
Time needed: 15 minutes
Making sandwiches in a sandwich maker is very easy if you know the correct way. Here is a step-by-step guide to preparing the ingredients and using the device to make delicious sandwiches for every breakfast.
- Preheat the sandwich maker
Before making sandwiches, preheat the sandwich maker by powering it up in a closed condition. Usually, it takes 30 seconds to a minute to get heated. The indicator light usually notifies if it is hot and ready to prepare sandwiches.
- Make the bread ready
If you are using the sandwich maker for the first time, you can start making veg sandwiches as those take minimum time to get prepared. Apply butter on two slices of bread and use any sauce of your choice. Now, add fillings of vegetables like boiled potatoes, cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, etc., and close the sandwich.
- Open the top plate
Once you prepare the bread with the right fillings, you need to open up the top plate of the sandwich maker. Many appliances come with a button that opens them automatically. But, in most sandwich makers, you need to open it manually using the handle, hook, lock, or pin.
- Place the bread on the bottom plate of the sandwich maker
Place the bread on the bottom plate and close it properly so that the upper lid puts enough pressure on the sandwich. Be careful while placing the stuffed sandwich on the sandwich maker as the plates will be hot due to preheating in the 1st step.
- Make the sandwiches
After putting the bread in the right place, close the top plate and push the power button. It will take 3 to 5 minutes to prepare sandwiches. Most sandwich makers notify the user about completion with the indicator light. Once your sandwich is prepared, press the designated button to open up the top lid or unlock the sandwich maker to take out the sandwich from the sandwich maker.
- Turn off the sandwich maker and clean it
Unplug your sandwich maker once you have prepared all the sandwiches you require. It would be best never to use wet hands while unplugging the appliance. Once the sandwich-making process is completed, keep the top plate in open condition to cool down quickly. When cold enough, use a wet sponge or cloth to wipe off the plates. Let it dry completely and store it in a safe place.
What else can you make in a sandwich maker?
So, now you know the best way to use a sandwich maker. But, it is more than what the name suggests. A sandwich maker is one of the versatile kitchen appliances that serve you in many ways. Here are some of the amazing recipes you can prepare in a sandwich maker apart from sandwiches.
- Puff Pastries: Be creative with your favorite pastries if you have a sandwich maker at home. Use suitable fillings and prepare this delicious dish quickly.
- Pizza Pockets: A sandwich maker is a perfect choice for making delicious pizza pockets. But, while making it in the sandwich maker, make sure not to overload the pizza pockets with many toppings.
- Fritters: You can prepare crispy fritters in your sandwich maker. Making fritters in a sandwich maker is also a healthy option as you can use much lesser oi. Grease the sandwich plates, whip up the fritter mixture, and prepare tasty and healthy food.
- French Toast: If you want to make a tasty breakfast without sandwiches, go for making French toast in your sandwich maker. Don’t forget to oil the sandwich plates with butter.
- Bacon: A sandwich maker can also prepare perfectly fried and delicious bacon for your sandwiches. Place it on the heated plates, press it well, and wait for a few minutes. Making crispy bacon is so easy.
- Omelets: This is another recipe you can make in a sandwich maker. The modern-day sandwich makers can prepare omelets well, and you can have a tasty breakfast with omelets and bread.
Using a sandwich maker properly – Bottom Line
So, here we have provided a step-by-step guide on how to use a sandwich maker and make sandwiches at your home. It is one of those appliances that can make your kitchen tasks faster, and you get enough time for yourself.
Sandwich is one of the quickest breakfast recipes you can have at your home. It is a healthy eating option, and having a sandwich maker can prepare it as quickly as possible. Also, you can prepare varieties of sandwiches as per the choice of your family members faster.
Also, it would be best if you never forgot to follow the user manual as it describes the mechanism of the appliance and how to use it. Use your creativity, follow our recommendations, and make sandwiches with your sandwich maker.